The HELPsource™ Registered Nurse Case Manager
Seeking per diem and week-end RN’s in the Lansdale area. At least 1 year experience in a Medicare-certified agency and a desire to work in an environment that values excellence. We offer excellent compensation. Fax résumé to 215-989-4090 or call Fran at 215-886-6885, extension 117. (EOE)
- Administers skilled nursing care to clients requiring professional nursing service.
- Performs nursing services in accordance with the physician’s orders.
- Teaches the client and family as outlined the plan of care.
- Supervises other members of the home health care team.
Conducts the admission of the client to the agency by:
- Obtaining a medical history, particularly as it relates to the present condition, from the client and/or family member.
- Providing physical examination of client including functional ability and mental status.
- Evaluating the client, family member(s) and home situation to determine what health teaching will be required.
- Evaluating the client’s condition to determine what assistance will be available from family members in caring for the client.
Provides skilled nursing care as outlined in the plan of care to include the following:
- Providing nursing services, treatments and procedures requiring substantial specialized skill as ordered by the physician.
- Initiating rehabilitative nursing procedures as appropriate for client’s care and safety.
- Observing signs and symptoms and reporting to the physician reactions to treatments, medications, and changes in the client’s physical or emotional condition.
- Teaching, supervising and counseling the client and family member(s) regarding the nursing care needs and other related problems of the client at home.
- Directing and supervising the care given by the home health aide to the client by preparing a written Home Health Aide plan of care.
- Revising the plan of care to reflect changes or discontinue treatment as appropriate.
The RN Case Manager charts those services rendered to the client, notes changes in the client’s condition and/or family and home situation, makes revisions in the plan of care as needed, records supervisory visits conducted with the Home Health Aide, evaluates care and progress and closes charts of discharged clients by preparing discharge summaries.
- Maintains the confidentiality of the client’s clinical record.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of the nursing service to the individual and family.
- Consults with the attending physician concerning alterations to the plan of care.
- Submits OASIS documentation within 48 hours of completion of the assessment.
- Submits all other paperwork at least biweekly
- Submits a written summary of service at least every 60 days.
- Discusses with the Director of Professional Services or designee problems or changes in client needs and how these may be resolved.
- Coordinates total care and services provided to the client with all disciplines involved in the client’s care.
- Continually strives to improve nursing care by broadening knowledge through formal education, attendance at workshops and conferences, active participation in professional and related organizations and individual research and reading.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
- Licensed in the State of Pennsylvania
- Professional Liability Insurance with $1,000,000/3,000,000 coverage
- Clear driver’s license and use of automobile
- Automobile Insurance with $1,000,000/3,000,000 coverage
- Experience in Home Health or Public Health nursing preferred
- Good verbal and written skills required
- Minimum of one year clinical experience