The HELPsource™ Medical Social Worker
The Medical Social Worker assists clients and families with personal and environmental difficulties which interfere with obtaining maximum benefits from care.
- Assists the physician and other members of the health care team in understanding significant social factors related to the client’s health problems.
- Assesses the client’s social and emotional state in order to estimate the client’s capacity and potential to cope with problems of daily living.
- Helps client and family to understand, accept and follow medical recommendations.
- Develops plan of care to assist the client in resolving difficulties which affect the ability to benefit from care provided.
- Prepares client histories, service plans, reports and other documentation as required.
- Maintains effective communication with other team members.
- Participate in the Performance Improvement program.
- Adheres to all organizational policies.
- Attends all mandatory inservices, workshops and conferences.
- Performs other job-related tasks, as requested.
- Masters of Social Work accredited by the Council of Social Work Education.
- One year of social work experience in a health care setting.
- Home health experience preferred.